THE JACKSON FAMILY

Jeff, Marissa, Jocelyn, Ellie, Caden and James

Monday, September 5, 2011

The GREAT EIGHT

Life has been crazy around here unpaking boxes and starting schools etc, etc. We also had Ellie's birthday and now Jocelyn's birthday and baptism! My oldest child just turned 8 on August 31st. Crazy! I am OLD!
Jocelyn got to celebrate this special birthday at the Lion House with some family and friends. It was such a fun party-we all enjoyed learning a little history of Brigham Young's home. We also played some fun pioneer games, pulled taffy, ate yummy food on fancy plates and cups, had cake and ice cream, opened presents and got a porcelain doll to take home! It was just like I remembered it being when I was little. Timeless fun! Jocelyn felt pretty special on her special day.the Party
my mother Wendy, Jeff's mom Karen, Aunt Megan, Aunt Makenzie
Caden, cousin Ashlyn, cousin Kolbyn, friend Paige, Jocelyn (and aunt Bryndy, sister Ellie and mom not in this photo)


Princess Jocelyn

the fun Hats
Playing button button who's got the button
Megan helping Caden with his taffy pulling
dinner is served for the whole clan on this little kid table- so cute!


Caden got the prize and found the gum ball in his piece of cake
Opening some of her favorite gifts
Her own Scriptures and case and an Easy Bake Oven
The doll she picked to go home with us.
Thanks family and friends for making Jocelyn have such a fun birthday. We sure do love you Jocelyn and are proud of you. Happy Birthday! More pictures of her Baptism to come.

6 comments:

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

so fun! when I was little this was my dream party, alas it never came to pass... glad she had such a fun day!

Jolene said...

Yay!! Happy 8th birthday Jocelyn!! Can't believe she is 8! She is such a little cutie! It was so fun seeing you guys. How did the move go? I LOVE your house! Can't wait to see you what you do with it! The possibility's are endless!

Summer said...

I can't believe our oldest kids are 8!! We ARE old! I hope the baptism went well, can't wait to hear about it.

BTW, your hair is getting so long! It looks great : )

Laura said...

How awesome! I bet she felt special! What a big milestone for her! So sorry we missed the baptism. Sundays are so hard when kids don't get naps.

The Peterson's said...

Happy Birthday Jocelyn! sad we missed it. We really wanted to be at her baptism! Glad all went well!

Karly said...

That is adorable! I LOVED Lion House parties when I was 8!