THE JACKSON FAMILY

Jeff, Marissa, Jocelyn, Ellie, Caden and James

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Locks of Love

OK so I hate to post pictures of my self. But family has ask and Jeff is making me. This weekend I cut my hair. For most of you know i have had really long hair for a few years now. It is crazy how attached you can get to your hair. Anyway i decided i was going to cut it and donate it to Locks for Love. The thing is that makes it so hard is you have to make such a drastic change. So i put it in a Pony tail and walla snip snip - a good foot off my hair. My head did feel much lighter and we will be saving lots of money by not using so much shampoo and conditioner. But now i have to Style it? i have not done that for a while. Anyway i was nervous and i am sure there will be days i miss the long hair. But it will be good for summer and a fun change and it is for a good cause. right?
Before...........................................................................................
After!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a picture of the pony tail i am mailing in! Road Kill!
Not the best pictures in the sweats and it was raining out side so the hair is not styled -but you get the idea!

21 comments:

Sibber said...

Marissa... YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! I LOVE your hair! Sooo cute! You are so sweet to donate your hair to locks of love! That is a lot of hair, too! You are such a dear! What a cute little girl you are! I really do LOVE your new do! Way to go, marissssss!

Sibber said...

ps... I think you look like Melissa Ringwood with that haircut! SOO CUTE!

emily mcd said...

So darling Marissa. I love it! It is funny the adjustments you have to make after a big cut like that. I seem to use WAY TOO MUCH SHAMPOO the first few times I wash it. But it's so nice to cut blow-drying time in half! Anyway, it really looks so great!

kto1s said...

LOVE it. How lucky are you to be one of the select few in this world that look just as beautiful with long hair as you do with short hair! LUCKY DUCK!

Good luck with the adjustment!

janae said...

I can't believe how long your hair was. That is really impressive that you did that, what a great cause!! I love the new cut, it is way cute..

Brynn said...

Mariss, you'd look cute if you shaved your head, I'm pretty sure! But I love the cut, and it is tempting me to do it too! You just mail it in?

Todd and Melissa said...

Cutest hair ever! I try to cut mine short and cute but it never works. But apparently Sylvia thinks we look alike! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I can't believe how long your hair was. Luckily you look great both ways:)!!

Love ya! H.S.

Laurie Marsh said...

DARLING Haircut! Seriouslly! It is way cute. You always look so great. You are brave too! Love you!

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

Ow, I love your hair! It looks great on you! (Rylee thinks so too!) You make me wish I could have a cute hair cut without looking like a boy.

Karly said...

haaaaaaaaaaaa (AUDIBLE GASP) I am ShOcKeD!!! but its cute and it will be easy!!! LOVE U

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh Marie! I LOVE It! Holy Moly! You look goageous! I LOVE that!

Jamie and Family said...

Hi Marissa! -

Wow, that's a big step and big change. You look beautiful either way. I really like the cut a lot! Did you have someone shape it or is that just from snipping a ponytail? It looks so good!

Jamie

Jen and Buzz said...

Marissa...Your hair is so cute. I love it, it makes me want to cut my hair!

Jen

p.s. this is Lars friend she told me to look at your blog.

Amy said...

Wow! Your hair was so long! It's looks darling short. I've never seen it short! That is such a hard thing to do!

Laura Lu said...

Mariss, this is Laura and Lacey and we love your hair. That is such the change but you look gorgeous both ways!!!!!!!

derrickfam said...

Hi Mariss! You look so adorable...nice work on the cut.

Jen Hill said...

I know what you mean about becoming attached - I always struggle with changing my hair when it's long, even though I know it will grow back. Your cut looks so cute though! I love it!

Kristin said...

I love your new hair, it is so cute.

Jen said...

So so cute! I LOVE IT!

Bree said...

your long hair doesn't look like you since we haven't seen you since it was short! it was fun to find your blog from Jenn Hill's, and fun to see your family! so cute! we hear how you're doing every once in a while from matt's mom-g;ad you guys are doing well!