THE JACKSON FAMILY

Jeff, Marissa, Jocelyn, Ellie, Caden and James

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Race Day

No Not Jeff's Big Race yet-

Mine- I was feeling guilty he was training so much and I was not doing anything. So I decided what could I do with only a few weeks of training. Maybe a ... 5k (3.2 miles) - perfect! Not to long but long enough for a beginner runner. It was a beautiful morning perfect day for a run.
















Finished in 25 mins
not the fastest, but faster than I thought I would do?








I was surprised i actually got 2ND place in my age group and got this cool homemade trophy. (There were quite a few people finish in front of me, Luckily there was only one other girl that did in my age group.)




















the Trophy











5 comments:

kto1s said...

way to go, Marissa!

Kristin said...

Awesome! So impressed!

Karly said...

WAY TO GO! Are you kidding me? 25 min not the fastest???!! That's freaking 8 min miles chicky!! Good job!

TLeigh said...

You got 2nd place!! That is awesome. It was a fun race. You are amazing!

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

Wow! Congrats! Love the trophy.